4/18/2013

A short chat with Ian O Doherty


Kerry Man Ian O Doherty took time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions for us this week ahead of his superb EP launch. (which we will be reviewing closer to its release May 10th)  

Have a gander below.

What song would you like played at your funeral?
"Sliding Down", an instrumental piece from a fantastic collaboration album by Bela Fleck called "Heartland - An Appalachian Anthology".

Name 3 records that sends a shiver down your spine?
"Continuum" by John Mayer, "Bon Iver" by Bon Iver and "The Hollow Of Morning" by Gemma Hayes.

What is your most treasured possession?
Has to be my iPhone, it's my mini-me!

What makes you angry?
Ignorance, narrow-mindedness and complacency. 

What book influenced you most?
The Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson

Can you tell me a joke?
What do you call a fish without an eye? A fsh. Well, you did ask!

What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Back every horse!

What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Crumbs. (In my beard).

What is your favourite film and why?
Anything with Denzel Washington, simply because he is boss!

What is your passion?
Music is the all too obvious answer but more specifically the creating of something real and tangible from raw emotion and thought. And golf. I like playing golf too.

What was your most formative experience?
I guess it was leaving the lovely college bubble in 2007 and taking those first steps in to real adult life with taxes and bills to pay and dreams to fulfill. I found it such a confusing and uncertain period but managed to find my footing after a while.

What do you believe in?
I believe in people (most but not all) and I believe in the human spirit.

What is the funniest thing you’ve ever seen or heard when on the road?
There are far too many stories to pick just one but flailing cougars and wild, unbridled men tearing up the dance floor were always a reliable source of entertainment from the stage in my cover band days!

What is your favourite word one-liner or retort?
"You're a word, one-liner or retort"!

What would your motto be?
Keep in by the ditch!
-- 

Ian's EP is out May 10th! Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment