9/22/2010

Follow the movement....

THE RIPTIDE MOVEMENT- RIDING ON THE CREST OF A BIG WAVE
Remember this line.....
Hot Tramp..I mean God Damn....
as you will probably hear it a lot.

I came across this band when DJ friend of mine told me to check them out remarking about how their manager smiled at him whilst handing him the cd saying 'wait till you hear these lads- they are gonna be huge', saying they were like an Irish Kings of Leon with balls like the Rolling Stones...now on that remark I could not resist the temptation to have a listen myself...and low and behold, they are. And yes they do pull it off. I even went to see their live show in Whelan's last Friday night and to my utter pleasure the place was packed, the feet were a stomping and the lads were basking in their glory. I felt like I was transported back to the woodstock era- it was truly EPIC.


They are a band on an imminent RISE to glory, and in the past few weeks things have only got better, as the band appeared on the likes of MUZU.TV live stream and numerous Radio stations. (I loved their session on Dublin's Country Mix, caught it on the way to work and thought I turned the wrong dial, when I heard Mal's gritty vocals projecting from the speaker, I don't think the dj saw that coming!)  


They are: 


The Riptide Movement (or T.R.M. to their loyal followers) , who are a Rock/Folk/Roots music act, have had a succession of hit singles in the Official Irish charts since forming in 2006. Though I can't say I have heard any of these Chart songs??? but none of that matters now... what matters is that I have found them and want to be their mate.

Rip Roaring guitar lead lines, romping bass lines, thumping drums and Mal’s gritty vocals all lend to this exciting old stock song. The chorus is addictive, with all the lads belting it out “She’s a hot tramp I mean.... God damn!" you just naturally sing-a-long.


If it’s only a sample of what the new album promises, I can’t wait to hear the rest!

Check out their sizzling HOT video for their latest single:


No comments:

Post a Comment